Thursday 11 February 2016

Introduction

My story is a long one, so I'll try and keep it short.

Having lived with a bundle of mental health diagnoses from the age of 10, I feel I have a fair bit to say on mental health. My illnesses are predominantly clinical depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and emetophobia. But there's a mix of trichotillomania, Emotional Dysregulation, panic attacks and what not, too.

Alongside this, I live with my wonderful partner of almost two years and our two little dogs, Monty and Pippa. I am blessed with having a supportive family, half of whom live in Scotland. I live in a sleepy little town, I think I have a mild caffeine addiction, I adore reading and I try my best to do crosswords.


I've written several blogs in my time, my most successful was writing as The Hopeful Hummingbird. I felt that this blog had had it's time, and a lot of changes in my life meant that a fair few of my posts didn't feel relevant any more.  So now, I'm writing for Musings of an Anxious Girl. I'll mostly be blogging about mental health, my own experiences in particular. But I'll also shine a light on related topics, reviews for wellbeing products and I'll have focus weeks too. A nice little mix, I hope.

I'd like to start with saying 'hello' by visiting some of your blogs. I think it's good to get a feel for other bloggers out there and I like to know what's going on in the world of mental health. So please feel free to share your links in the comments below and I'll pop over and say 'hi'.

In the meantime, if there is something in particular you'd like to see me focus on or write about, just lemme know. You can get in touch by email, posting a blog comment, or finding me on Facebook/Twitter. All my links are on the right hand side.

That's it for now, speak soon.

AG -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts